A dog is a man’s best friend. If you have a dog at home, then you feel needed and loved. Commonly, dogs have a lifespan that is of nearly 8 years. English Bull dogs are not the longest lived, but they aren’t either the shortest lived.
The lifespan of bull dogs may increase to 10-12 years, rather more. This is very much possible provided you pay proper attention and look after them well. They need extra care, because of the sensitive health that they keep.
Reading further may help to update you with the varieties and the life span of dogs. There will be some tips mentioned too for how to look after your dogs.
There was a time when in Great Britain, bull dogs were used for bull baiting. They were bred in a way that made them resistant to pain and to be ferocious. After a while, a time came when bull baiting got banned. This banning led people to love them. They were looked after in a way that made even the non smiling faces to smile.
Some of the facts associated with bull dogs are:-
- They turn lazy in adulthood
- They need outdoor walk daily
- They need not undergo excessive exercise daily
- They are the best for apartment setups
- They are the best for indoor keeping
- The best climate is temperate climate for them
- Height on an average that they attain is from 12-16 inches
- Weight on an average of a male dog is 53-55 pounds
- Weight on an average of a female dog is 49-51 pounds
Some dos and don’ts
- Feed a nutritional and high quality diet, preferably all natural
- Do not opt for food choices that are mentioned in commercials
- Be proactive with the health of bull dog. Look for any minutest of symptoms
- Do your research. Make sure that the dog is not from a diseased clan
- Yes the life span is short, but that should not be hindrance, get a pet today
Having a pet at home makes you feel welcomed when you reach home after work. It may be a real good idea if you have been thinking of adopting a bull dog, as they make you smile always. But! You must do your homework / research well to be able to look after the pet once the pet is home.
You should know the nitty-gritty so that every day is celebration for you. You may conveniently visit our website to learn how to look after bull dogs. You are welcome to visit our page http://englishbulldoginsurance.com to learn whatever you must about them and you as a caretaker.
Some instances may be challenging, but do not worry. There are vet doctors who are educated and licensed to treat them. Do not wait for tomorrow, bring your English bull dog home today. Celebrate your every moment of happiness and spend the moments that cause sadness with your pet.